Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Atlanta Falcons October Recap

First, I would like to apologize for not posting in a while. I mean to post my thoughts on each Falcons game after the games conclude but, obviously, I haven't done that in a while. Here's my quick thoughts on each game Atlanta played after facing the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

Jets @ Falcons
I missed this entire game because I was serving as a counselor at a school-sponsored camp. From watching the highlights and reading the stats, I concluded that the defense played awful. How do you allow a rookie QB to come into your house and throw 3 touchdowns? To make things worse, this game was on Monday Night Football; that means the entire nation watched Atlanta play terrible defense (I use the term "defense" lightly).

I did see some positive things. Matt Ryan threw for 319 yards, Jacquizz Rodgers played solid at the running back position, and Julio Jones played outstanding despite having only 99 yards. Unfortunately that was Julio's last game of the year.

Bucs @ Falcons
The bye week seemed to be very helpful for the Falcons. The defense played hard and the offense showed everyone that no Roddy White, no Julio Jones, and no Steven Jackson equaled no problem. In fact, Matt Ryan posted the best passer rating of his career with a 148.4. It did not surprise me that Harry Douglas had a great game. He's a very talented player who's overlooked because he plays alongside Julio Jones and Roddy White.

Falcons @ Cardinals
The Falcons signed Steven Jackson to be an upgrade from Michael Turner; but it seemed as if the spirit of 2012 Michael Turner took over Steven Jackson. Everyone, except Jonathon Babineaux, played terribly! Matt Ryan almost made me miss Michael Vick (okay I'm exaggerating, but he played awful), and the defense made want John Abraham back on the Falcons' sideline.

So now the Falcons stand at 2-5 and head to Carolina this week to take on Cam Newton and the 4-3 Panthers. My prediction? I have no idea what to expect from the Falcons; they've been so inconsistent this year that I just can't foresee anything.

Thanks for reading this blog! Leave comments below, share with your friends, and follow @LovemyATL on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment